I thought writing down some thoughts everyday would be easier. I’m always wrong, but I still try.
That’s not what this is about. It’s about codecation. I haven’t had any updates. So I wanted to list what I planned on doing, and what I actually did.
What I thought I would do:
- Journal via this site everyday. All the things that were going on, with some images and possibly videos.
- Finish my side project to a point where I could ship upon returning.
What I actually did:
I did recorded some stuff in the notes app on my iPhone, but I didn’t write or blog anything. However, I did share a bunch on Instagram. So maybe I get like a half of a point.
I did not finish the side project. I did make some progress, and I am super close, but not ready. I failed. I underestimated spending two days at a conference and exploring a great city I had not been to before. No regrets. I still had a great time.
If I ever do a codecation again, I would make a couple of changes.
- I would not try to wrap it around a conference. Especially one as cool as Deconstruct.
- I would have more structure. I spent a lot of time during the day walking around and exploring. I would have like two days planned to get to know the area, and then dedicate days to working and nights for play for the remainder of the time.
- I might have more people. Not sure if this is good or bad. I think it could bring some accountability, but I think it could be added distractions.
- As awesome as Seattle is (I would love to move there), it was really far. I might go some place closer. At a minimum, I would add a shopping day for groceries to cut down on costs and the need to go out for food.
subscribe via RSS